The fully updated and revised edition of ‘Window to Strasbourg’ has finally hit the shelves.
This is a must-have if you are an anglophone in, or about to move to Alsace, being a practical guide to everyday living in the region. The book translates as much French bureaucracy into plain English as is humanly possible, telling you:
- which forms to fill out, when to do it and for what reason
- How the tax system works
- how the health and social security systems work,
- how to rent or buy an apartment
- the rules of the road and how to get around
- finding schools and education for your kids
- where to shop, eat and party
- about social groups, clubs and societies
- loads of other stuff about life in the area, that escapes me right now
The most appealing thing about Window to Strasbourg however, is the cover, which I designed.